- Full Description
Extending the art and spirit of PHP, Zend Framework is based on simplicity and productivity, object-oriented best practices, corporate-friendly licensing, and a rigorously tested agile code base. Zend Framework helps build more secure, reliable, and modern Web 2.0 applications and web servicesconsuming widely available APIs from leading vendors like Google, Amazon, Yahoo!, Flickr, as well as API providers and cataloguers like StrikeIron and ProgrammableWeb.
With over 1,000 pages and 500 examples, Zend Framework: The Official Programmers Reference Guide complements quality code with quality documentation. This two volume guide gets you started and then immersed into all that Zend Framework has to offer.
What youll learn
- Meet the ease-of-use requirements your users have come to expect with Ajax support through JSON.
- Provide search functionality via a native PHP edition of the industry-standard Lucene search engine.
- Understand how to implement syndication by exploring data formats and how your web 2.0 application will access them.
- Consume and publish web services.
- Discover the high-quality, object-oriented PHP 5 class library, with attention to best practices like design patterns, unit testing, and loose coupling.
- See how flexible the Zend Framework architecture is.
- Learn how extensible and well-tested the Zend Framework code base is, and more...
Who this book is for
This book is for web developers who need or want to use the Zend Framework in depth.
It has been brought to our attention that the first four pages are missing from print copies of Zend Framework. We apologize for this inconvenience, and we have provided the full TOCs for both volumes in the book resources section of this page.
The Apress Team
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Zend Framework
- Source Code/Downloads