- Full Description
The best way to learn Rails is by creating a variety of applications with it.
You already know the basics of Rails, and youre familiar with the exciting features and benefits associated with using this Rubybased framework. Youre now at the point where you need to gain firsthand experience with Rails by thoroughly exploring the features and building several different types of web applications.
Eldon Alameda takes a focused approach to guiding you through the creation of multiple real-world examples that are designed to get your hands dirty with the core features of Rails, while providing you with the valuable experience of creating real Rails applications.
What youll learn
- Implementing caching options
- Developing applications the RESTful way
- Adding graphs to your Rails application
- Connecting to a legacy database
- Building generators to automate installation of common files
- Building an XML-RPC API into your Rails applications
Who this book is for
This book is for anyone who has gone beyond the basics of Rails and wants to learn higherlevel Rails techniques. It is also useful for those experienced in other disciplines (such as Java and PHP) who want to learn Rails.
- Source Code/Downloads