- Full Description
The only real tool for developing cross-platform rich Internet applications (RIAs) for that last 11 years has been Flash; until now! Silverlight 3 allows you to develop cross-platform rich Internet applications in a fraction of the time because of the extensive and very powerful .NET 3.5 libraries, the powerful, design friendly Blend 3 IDE, and an enhanced workflow that allows designers and developers to work on the same set of files at the same time.
- Develop stunning RIAs in a short time.
- Learn some basic object-oriented programming principles.
- Get familiar with the Blend 3 development environment.
What youll learn
- Learn the Blend 3 and Visual Studio 2008 IDEs.
- Learn how to create stunning animations using Silverlight 3 Storyboards.
- Learn how to incorporate video and sound into your RIAs with the Silverlight MediaElement.
- Learn about and how to develop quickly using Silverlight 3's reusable resources such as UserControls, ControlTemplates and DataTemplates.
- Learn about the new Visual State Manager and the State panel in Blend 3 to quickly and easily add MouseEnter and MouseLeave states to your UserControls.
- Put everything you have learned together to create a sample Silverlight 3 website.
Who this book is for
Web designers and developers wanting to learn Expression Blend 3 from the ground up. Those who have a background in the development of RIAs and want to learn this technology.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Setting Up the Silverlight Development Environment
- The Blend 3 Integrated Development Environment
- C#, XAML, and Object-Oriented Programming
- Using the VSM and Blend 3s States Panel to Create a Silverlight Media Player
- The Silverlight MediaElement
- The WPF Toolkit
- Events and EventHandlers
- Classes and Interfaces
- ControlTemplates, Styles, and Custom UserControls
- Writing a Custom Content Panel
- Building a Sketchflow Prototype
- Putting Everything Together to Build a Sample Silverlight Website
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published