- Full Description
Ruby Quick Syntax Reference is a condensed code and syntax reference to the Ruby scripting language. It presents the essential Ruby syntax in a well-organized format that can be used as a handy reference.
You won't find any technical jargon, bloated samples, drawn out history lessons, or witty stories in this book. What you will find is a language reference that is concise, to the point and highly accessible. The book is packed with useful information and is a must-have for any Ruby programmer.
In Ruby Quick Syntax Reference, you will find:
- A concise reference to the Ruby language syntax.
- Short, simple, and focused code examples.
- A well laid out table of contents and a comprehensive index, allowing easy review.
What youll learn
- What variables, operators, strings, arrays, blocks, and procs are
- How to manage statements and control structures
- How to create Ruby classes and modules
- How to use metaprogramming and change classes
- How to use loops and iteration
- How to manage errors and exceptions
Who this book is for
This book is a quick, handy pocket syntax reference for experienced Ruby programmers, and a concise, easily-digested introduction for other programmers new to Ruby.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Chapter One: Introducing Ruby
- Chapter Two: Operators
- Chapter Three: Strings
- Chapter Four: Arrays
- Chapter Five: Hashes
- Chapter Six: Numbers
- Chapter Seven: Booleans
- Chapter Eight: Objects
- Chapter Nine: Loops and Iterators
- Chapter Ten: Functions and Methods
- Chapter Eleven: Classes and Modules
- Chapter Twelve: Blocks, Procs, and Lambdas
- Chapter Thirteen: Errors and Exceptions
- Chapter Fourteen: Input/Output
- Chapter Fifteen: Files and Directories
- Chapter Sixteen: Metaprogramming
- Source Code/Downloads