- Full Description
It's certainly fun to build games that run on your iPhone and iPad. But, wouldn't it be more fun to create games that allow you to play with other gamers in your social network? There's a whole lot more things you can do. Most of the top best selling games around the world, like World of Warcraft, let you play with others online and share your experiences with your friends.
Beginning iOS Social Games is your concise introduction to iOS social and other networked gaming app development using iOS Game Center, Game Kit, Store Kit, AirPlay, iOS 7 Game Controllers, iTunes App Store and integrating with social networks/media like Facebook and Twitter.
Author Kyle Richter of Empirical Development is an expert game developer who guides you through the social game app development process step by step. This book may allow you to turn your already existing, created game into a well polished networkable and/or social media capable game app.
What youll learn
- Build socially integrated games on iOS for iPhone and iPad using Twitter and Facebook
- Configure and begin using Game Center, Apple's social gaming platform
- Work with the advanced features of Apple's Game Center using leaderboards, achievements, matchmaking, invitations, and multiplayer
- Exchange data while dealing with errors, dropped connections and other hurdles
- Create turned-based iOS games using Game Center
- Implement other socially rich features like real time Voice Chat, In App Purchases with Store Kit, and displaying content on a TV using Airplay
- Explore all these features and more while building a real iOS game, UFOs!
Who this book is for
This book is for iPhone and iPad app developers looking to build iOS game apps that can network with other apps and social media like Facebook.
- Table of Contents
Table of ContentsChapter 1: Getting Started With Social Gaming
Chapter 2: Game Center: Setting Up and Getting Started
Chapter 3: Leaderboards
Chapter 4: Achievements
Chapter 5: Matchmaking and Invitations
Chapter 6: The Peer Picker
Chapter 7: Network Design Overview
Chapter 8: Exchanging Data
Chapter 9: Turned-Based Gaming with Game Center
Chapter 10: Voice Chat
Chapter 11: In-App Purchase With Store Kit
Chapter 12: Twitter
Chapter 13: Facebook Integration
Chapter 14: AirPlay
Chapter 15: Game Controllers
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published