Apress Help & FAQ
- About Print Books
- About eBooks
- Buying eBooks
- Download & Source Code
- Writing for Us
- Academic Review
About Print Books
- Where can I buy Apress Print Books?
- You will find our print books at all good bookstores, both online and traditional ‘brick and mortar’ stores. If you’re a retailer wishing to stock our books, you’ll find details of our worldwide distribution network on our Sales and Distribution page.
- Where can I buy Apress eBooks?
- You can buy our eBooks right here at Apress.com. eBooks are also available via Amazon’s Kindle Store, Barnes & Noble’s NOOKbook Store, and via subscription services such as Safari Books Online or >Books 24x7.
- What formats are Apress eBooks available in?
- Most recent titles are available in .pdf, .epub, and .mobi formats. Not all titles are available in all formats, so please check on each title’s information page. It can take a couple of weeks after the official publication date for all formats to become available.
- Do I have to buy each format separately?
- No! Once you purchase an eBook, you’ll have perpetual access to all available formats.
- Do Apress eBooks use any form of DRM (Digital Rights Management)?
- No, our eBooks are just regular eBook filetypes, allowing you to use them freely and easily across whichever devices you own. Please note, however, that we do ‘digitally watermark’ all purchases made at Apress.com.
- My PDF eBook is password protected. Why? And what’s the password?
- Prior to July 2010, PDF eBooks were password protected. If you download your purchase again, the fresh file won’t require a password. If you wish to open the original download, the password will be the email address associated with your account.
- When will your books be available on the Kindle, or the NOOK?
- Books usually appear in third party eBook stores a few weeks after publication. We rely on the stores themselves to convert our books for their devices, so we can’t control the exact date.
- What is the "Deal of the Day"?
- The Deal of the Day offers a different eBook for $10 every day of the year—that's 365 24-hour promotions! The Deal of the Day is located to the right of our Featured Titles section on the apress.com homepage. Click on the RSS link to receive daily alerts about which title is on sale. (Note: the 24-hour period for each Deal of the Day is oriented to EST—midnight to 11:59:59 PM every day.)
Buying Books at Apress.com
- How can I pay for purchases at Apress.com?
- We accept payment with all major credit cards.
- Once purchased, where can I download my eBook?
- If you Sign In to your account, you’ll find a link to your Your eBooks in the left hand column.
- Where can I get a receipt for purchases made at apress.com?
- Once signed in, you can view receipts by clicking on the Your Orders link in the left-hand column of your account page.
- Can I buy print books directly from you?
- We don’t currently sell individual print books from our site. However, should you wish to purchase ten or more copies of any individual Apress title, we can help arrange that. Please see our Corporate and Bulk Sales page for more information.
- Is a discount available for bulk purchases?
- It certainly is! You’ll find details on our Corporate and Bulk Sales page.
- Where can I find a book’s source code?
- If a book has downloads or source code to accompany it, a link will be found at the book’s information page under the Source Code/Downloads tab. Use the search box to find the book you're working with.
- Why aren’t the example files unzipping/downloading properly?
- If you are having trouble downloading the example files that are required for your book, please try turning off any download managers you may be using, and perhaps also try switching browsers—Internet Explorer 9, Firefox 6, and Chrome all tend to work well. If your Operating System is unable to extract a downloaded file, we recommend trying a utility such as WinZip or Stuffit. If you believe your book is supposed to have source code available, but there is no Source Code/Downloads tab visible on its apress.com webpage, please get in touch with Apress Customer Support.
- Where can I find source code for a pre-2003 Wrox published book?
- We’re sorry, but we no longer carry or support source code for titles published by Wrox prior to 2003, and subsequently acquired by Apress.
- I found an error or typo in a book, where do I report it?
- If you find errors in any of our books, you can let us know using the form on the book's respective information page—just click the Errata tab. Of particular interest to us are errors pertaining directly to the code or clarity of directions for assignments outlined in our books. And if you can offer solutions to mistakes you've discovered, all the better.
- The book I’ve received is damaged. How do I get a replacement?
- If your book was not ordered via Apress.com, please contact the seller for return instructions. If you purchased the book directly from us, please get in touch, and we’ll look to make amends.
Writing for Us
- What if I want to write for you guys?
- Anyone interested in writing for Apress can e-mail email@example.com to get in contact with our editorial team, who can review your book proposal and determine if it is something we would publish. You can also contact the editorial team if you are wondering whether we will publish a book on a certain technology that is set to release in the future. Find out more on our Write For Us page.
Academic Review Copies
- I’m an instructor. Can you provide me with an evaluation copy of books I might wish to use for my teaching?
- You can request evaluation copies of our titles via our Desk Copy Request Form.