- Updates a definitive and unique book on Oracle's JPA or Java Persistence APIs.
- The authors are Oracle engineers, experts and authors who are definitive experts.
- Java Persistence APIs are a key set of APIs to be found in the new Java EE 7 platform.
Buy this book
- eBook 39,99 €
price for Spain (gross)
- ISBN 978-1-4302-4927-6
- Digitally watermarked, DRM-free
- Included format: EPUB, PDF
- ebooks can be used on all reading devices
- Immediate eBook download after purchase
- About this book
Pro JPA 2, Second Edition introduces, explains, and demonstrates how to use the new Java Persistence API (JPA) 2.1 from the perspective of one of the specification creators. A one-of-a-kind resource, it provides both theoretical and extremely practical coverage of JPA usage for both beginning and advanced developers.
Authors Mike Keith and Merrick Schincariol take a hands–on approach, based on their wealth of experience and expertise, by giving examples to illustrate each concept of the API and showing how it is used in practice. The examples use a common model from an overriding sample application, giving readers a context from which to start and helping them to understand the examples within an already familiar domain. After completing the book, you will have a full understanding of JPA and be able to successfully code applications using its annotations and APIs. The book also serves as an excellent reference guide during initial and later JPA application experiences.
- Hands-on examples for all aspects of the JPA specification
- Expert insight about various aspects of the API and when they are useful
- Portability hints to provide increased awareness of the potential for non–portable JPA code
- About the authors
Mike Keith wasthe co-specification lead for JPA 1.0 and a member of the JPA 2.0 and JPA 2.1expert groups. He sits on a number of other Java Community Process expertgroups and the Enterprise Expert Group (EEG) in the OSGi Alliance. He holds aMasters degree in Computer Science from Carleton University, and has over 20years experience in persistence and distributed systems research and practice.He has written papers and articles on JPA and spoken at numerous conferencesaround the world. He is employed as an architect at Oracle in Ottawa, Canada,and is married with four kids and two dogs.
- Table of contents (15 chapters)
Table of contents (15 chapters)
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Pro JPA 2
- Mike Keith
- Merrick Schincariol
- Copyright Holder
- Mike Keith and Merrick Schincariol
- eBook ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- XIX, 508
- Number of Illustrations
- 65 b/w illustrations