- Beginning Java 8 Language Features covers essential and advanced features of the Java programming language such as the new lambda expressions (closures), inner classes, threads, I/O, Collections, garbage collection, and more. Author Kishori Sharan provides over 50 diagrams and 290 complete programs to help you visualize and better understand the topics covered in this book.
Buy this book
- eBook 36,99 €
price for Spain (gross)
- ISBN 978-1-4302-6659-4
- Digitally watermarked, DRM-free
- Included format: EPUB, PDF
- ebooks can be used on all reading devices
- Immediate eBook download after purchase
- About this book
Beginning Java 8 Language Features covers essential and advanced features of the Java programming language such as the new lambda expressions (closures), inner classes, threads, I/O, Collections, garbage collection, streams, and more. Author Kishori Sharan provides over 60 diagrams and 290 complete programs to help you visualize and better understand the topics covered in this book.
The book starts with a series of chapters on the essential language features provided by Java, including annotations, inner classes, reflection, and generics. These topics are then complemented by details of how to use lambda expressions, allowing you to build powerful and efficient Java programs. The chapter on threads follows this up and discusses everything from the very basic concepts of a thread to the most advanced topics such as synchronizers, the fork/join framework, and atomic variables.
This book contains unmatched coverage of Java I/O, including NIO 2.0, the Path API, the FileVisitor API, the watch service and asynchronous file I/O. With this in-depth knowledge, your data- and file-management programs will be able to take advantage of every feature of Java's powerful I/O framework.
Finally, you'll learn how to use the Stream API, a new, exciting addition to Java 8, to perform aggregate operations on collections of data elements using functional-style programming. You'll examine the details of stream processing such as creating streams from different data sources, learning the difference between sequential and parallel streams, applying the filter-map-reduce pattern, and dealing with optional values.
- About the authors
Kishori Sharan has earned a Master of Science in Computer Information Systems degree from Troy State University, Alabama. He is a Sun Certified Java 2 programmer. He has vast experience in providing training to professional developers in Java, JSP, EJB, and Web technology. He possesses over ten years of experience in implementing enterprise level Java application.
- Table of contents (13 chapters)
Table of contents (13 chapters)
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Beginning Java 8 Language Features
- Book Subtitle
- Lambda Expressions, Inner Classes, Threads, I/O, Collections, and Streams
- Kishori Sharan
- Copyright Holder
- Kishori Sharan
- eBook ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- XXV, 704
- Number of Illustrations
- 66 b/w illustrations