Buy this book
- eBook $34.99
price for USA (gross)
- ISBN 978-1-4302-0117-5
- Digitally watermarked, DRM-free
- Included format: PDF
- ebooks can be used on all reading devices
- Immediate eBook download after purchase
- About this book
- Written for the budding web developer searching for a powerful, low-cost solution for building flexible, dynamic web sites.
- Essentially three books in one: provides thorough introductions to the PHP language and the MySQL database, and shows you how these two technologies can be effectively integrated to build powerful websites.
- Provides over 500 code examples, including real-world tasks such as creating an auto-login feature, sending HTML-formatted e-mail, testing password guessability, and uploading files via a web interface.
- Updated for MySQL 5, includes new chapters introducing triggers, stored procedures, and views.
- About the authors
W. Jason Gilmore is a web developer and business consultant with more than 15 years of experience helping companies large and small build amazing software solutions. He has been teaching developers from around the world about web development for over a decade, having written six books, including the bestselling Beginning PHP and MySQL, Fourth Edition and Easy PHP Websites with the Zend Framework, Second Edition .Over the years Jason has been published more than 300 times within popular publications such as Developer.com, PHPBuilder.com, JSMag, and Linux Magazine, and instructed hundreds of students in the United States and Europe. He s recently led the successful development and deployment of a 10,000+ product e-commerce project, and is currently working on a variety of new e-commerce initiatives. Jason is cofounder of the wildly popular CodeMash Conference, the largest multi-day developer event in the Midwest.
From the reviews:
"A comprehensive introduction to … the scripting language PHP and the MySQL database server. This book will not only expose … core aspects of both technologies, but will provide valuable insight into how they are used in unison to create dynamic data-driven Web applications." (it-expert, Issue no. 48, 2004)
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Beginning PHP and MySQL 5
- Book Subtitle
- From Novice to Professional
- W Jason Gilmore
- Copyright Holder
- eBook ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages