- In order to succeed, developers will require proficiency in GTK+, and this book helps them achieve the necessary level of knowledge
- Replete with real-world examples based on the author's profound expertise and experience in this area
- GTK+ is one of the two crucial development platforms for Linux
Buy this book
- eBook $39.99
price for USA (gross)
- ISBN 978-1-4302-0386-5
- Digitally watermarked, DRM-free
- Included format: PDF
- ebooks can be used on all reading devices
- Immediate eBook download after purchase
- About this book
GTK+ is one of the most influential graphical toolkits for the Linux operating system. It is the technology upon which the GNOME and XFCE desktop environments are based, and its crucial to have clear understanding of its complexities to build even a simple Linux desktop application. Foundations of GTK+ Development guides you through these complexities, laying the foundation that will allow you to cross from novice to professional.
Foundations of GTK+ Development is aimed at C programmers and presents numerous real-life examples that you can immediately put to use in your projects. Some familiarity with C programming is assumed, as the book delves into new topics from the beginning. Topics like object inheritance are covered early on to allow for complete understanding of code examples later. And the provided examples are real-life situations that can help you get a head start on your own applications.
- About the authors
Andrew Krause is the creator of OpenLDev, an integrated development environment that focuses on C, C++, Gtk+, and Gtkmm project management. He is attending Pennsylvania State University with a major in computer engineering. Andrew has eight years of experience with many computer and web programming languages such as C, C++, Perl, PHP, and others. He also designs flight hardware for the Low Ionosphere Measurement Satellite project at Penn State.
- Table of contents (13 chapters)
Your First GTK+ Applications