Beginning Portable Shell Scripting
From Novice to Professional
Authors: Seebach, PeterDownload source code
- A modern update to shell scripting: the new portability issues are introduced
- Appeals to a broad range of technology customers across Linux, OS X and Unix
- Written by Peter Seebach, an acknowledged community contributor in his field
Buy this book
- Softcover $34.99
price for USA
- ISBN 978-1-4302-1043-6
- Free shipping for individuals worldwide
- Usually dispatched within 3 to 5 business days.
- About this book
Portable shell scripting is the future of modern Linux, OS X, and Unix command–line access. Beginning Portable Shell Scripting: From Novice to Professional teaches shell scripting by using the common core of most shells and expands those principles to all of scripting.
You will learn about portable scripting and how to use the same syntax and design principles for all shells. You'll discover about the interaction between shells and other scripting languages like Ruby and Python, and everything you learn will be shown in context for Linux, OS X, bash, and AppleScript.
- About the authors
Peter Seebach has been using Unix since he needed to sit on a phone book to reach the keyboard. He's been writing professionally about Unix for mass audiences since the last millennium. He is currently employed as a senior software engineer at Wind River Systems and continues to write prolifically on a freelance basis.