- Comprehensively illustrated in full color throughout
- Value-added content includes free third-party resources on www.friendsofed.com/books/1590592387/resources.html
- Both technical reviewers are also active community members who will back up the resources page with their own plugins, filters, pre-built brushes and tools
- Written by the two most visible contributors in the PSP community who will actively support the book after publication
Buy this book
- eBook $19.99
price for USA
- ISBN 978-1-4302-1117-4
- Digitally watermarked, DRM-free
- Included format: PDF, EPUB
- ebooks can be used on all reading devices
- Immediate eBook download after purchase
- About this book
Paint Shop Pro 8 is a feature-packed graphics tool that enables you to edit and enhance your photos, as well as use its powerful drawing and text tools to create artwork from scratch. The scope of this program is immense: you can use it for all your graphic design projects at home, business, or just for fun. Photography, text, vector graphics, webpage interfaces… the combinations and possibilities are endless. For the inexperienced, knowing what you can achieve is just as difficult as learning how to do it.
Paint Shop Pro 8 Zero to Hero answers all these questions and enables you to create professional-looking graphics for your home and business projects. In fact, you'll learn to do everything the program can do—fast. From Paint Shop Pro beginner to master, this book is designed to get you up to speed in the blink of an eye.
Zero to Hero is more than a catchy slogan and an opportunity for puns and graphical representations of tights, capes, and phone booths. It's a style of learning designed by friends of ED to reach beyond dry technical explanations and dusty old authors who don't know how it is for real users and wouldn't know good design if it slapped them in the face with a wet fish.
With a Zero to Hero book, you can choose how you learn. Learn everything you need to know about Paint Shop Pro 8 by working through the first section of the book from start to finish—or, alternatively, you can dive straight in to the inspirational Hero chapters and refer back as and when you need. Then later, when you're a hero yourself, the book is easily used as a reference tool.
When you're done, you'll be ready to wear your underwear on the outside—metaphorically speaking, of course.
- About the authors
Sally Beacham is an instructor at lvsonline.com, specializing in Paint Shop Pro as well as Photoshop-compatible plugin filters, Xara X and FrontPage. She's been a private tester for Jasc Software, Corel, Alien Skin, Auto FX, The Plugin Site, and many other software companies. She also teaches Paint Shop Pro, graphics, and web design at community education programs in southern Maine. Sally writes a column for psppower.com or, more accurately, takes dictation for the FilterMunky, who tests and reviews plugin filters specifically for use in Paint Shop Pro. You can visit Sally's website, which features Paint Shop Pro resources and tutorials as well as resources for Photoshop-compatible plugin filters, at www.dizteq.com.
"An excellent reference tool for all Pain Shop Pro users." - Digital Camera Buyer
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Paint Shop Pro 8 Zero to Hero
- Sally Beacham
- Ron Lacey
- Copyright Holder
- Sally Beacham and Ron Lacey
- eBook ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- XI, 300
- Number of Illustrations
- 5 b/w illustrations, 888 illustrations in colour