- Java EE 7 Recipes takes an example-based approach in showing how to program Enterprise Java applications for many different scenarios, and using the very latest in frameworks and technologies that are available in the Java EE 7 platform.
Buy this book
- eBook $39.99
price for USA (gross)
- ISBN 978-1-4302-4426-4
- Digitally watermarked, DRM-free
- Included format: PDF, EPUB
- ebooks can be used on all reading devices
- Immediate eBook download after purchase
- About this book
Java EE 7 Recipes takes an example-based approach in showing how to program Enterprise Java applications in many different scenarios. Be it a small-business web application, or an enterprise database application, Java EE 7 Recipes provides effective and proven solutions to accomplish just about any task that you may encounter. You can feel confident using the reliable solutions that are demonstrated in this book in your personal or corporate environment.
The solutions in Java EE 7 Recipes are built using the most current Java Enterprise specifications, including EJB 3.2, JSF 2.2, Expression Language 3.0, Servlet 3.1, and JMS 2.0. While older technologies and frameworks exist, it is important to be forward-looking and take advantage of all that the latest technologies offer. Rejuvenate your Java expertise to use the freshest capabilities, or perhaps learn Java Enterprise development for the first time and discover one of the most widely used and most powerful platforms available for application development today. Let Java EE 7 Recipes show you the way by showing how to build streamlined and reliable applications much faster and easier than ever before by making effective use of the latest frameworks and features on offer in the Java EE 7 release.
- Shows off the most current Java Enterprise Edition technologies.
- Provides solutions to creating sophisticated user interfaces.
- Demonstrates proven solutions for effective database access.
- About the authors
Josh Juneau has been developing software since the mid-1990s. PL/SQL development and database programming was the focus of his career in the beginning, but as his skills developed, he began to use Java and later shifted to it as a primary base for his application development. Josh has worked with Java in the form of graphical user interface, web, and command-line programming for several years. During his tenure as a Java developer, he has worked with many frameworks such as JSF, EJB, and JBoss Seam. At the same time, Josh has extended his knowledge of the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) by learning and developing applications with other JVM languages such as Jython and Groovy. His interest in learning new languages that run on the JVM led to his interest in Jython. Since 2006, Josh has been the editor and publisher for the Jython Monthly newsletter. In late 2008, he began a podcast dedicated to the Jython programming language.
- Table of contents (20 chapters)
Introduction to Servlets
The Basics of JavaServer Faces
JavaServer Faces Standard Components
Table of contents (20 chapters)
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Java EE 7 Recipes
- Book Subtitle
- A Problem-Solution Approach
- Josh Juneau
- Copyright Holder
- Josh Juneau
- eBook ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- XLII, 748
- Number of Illustrations
- 98 b/w illustrations