- Pro SQL Server Internals explains how SQL Server works focusing on how internal implementation affects your database operations.
Buy this book
- eBook $44.99
price for USA (gross)
- ISBN 978-1-4302-5963-3
- Digitally watermarked, DRM-free
- Included format: PDF, EPUB
- ebooks can be used on all reading devices
- Immediate eBook download after purchase
- About this book
Pro SQL Server Internals explains how different SQL Server components work "under the hood" and how they communicate with each other. This is the practical book with a large number of examples that will show you how various design and implementation decisions affect the behavior and performance of your systems.
Pro SQL Server Internals covers a multiple SQL Server versions starting with SQL Server 2005 all the way up to the recently released SQL Server 2014. You’ll learn about new SQL Server 2014 features including the new Cardinality Estimator, In-Memory OLTP Engine (codename Hekaton), and Clustered Columnstore Indexes. With Pro SQL Server Internals, you have a solid roadmap for understanding the depth and power of the SQL Server database backend, regardless of the version and edition of SQL Server you use.
Pro SQL Server Internals does the following:
- Explains how to design efficient database schema, indexing, and transaction strategies.
- Shows how various database objects and technologies are implemented internally and when they should or should not be used.
- Demonstrates how SQL Server executes queries and works with data and transaction logs.
- About the authors
Dmitri Korotkevitch is Microsoft SQL Server MVP and Microsoft Certified Master (in SQL Server 2008). He brings years of experience working with SQL Server as an Application and Database Developer, Database Administrator, and Database Architect. He specializes in design, development, and performance tuning of OLTP Systems working under heavy load.
Dmitri regularly speaks at various Microsoft and SQL PASS events, and he provides SQL Server training to clients around the world. He blogs at: http://aboutsqlserver.com.
Table of contents (35 chapters)
Data Storage Internals
Tables and Indexes: Internal Structure and Access Methods
Special Indexing and Storage Features
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Pro SQL Server Internals
- Dmitri Korotkevitch
- Copyright Holder
- Dmitri Korotkevitch
- eBook ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- XXV, 804
- Number of Illustrations
- 437 b/w illustrations