- Practical Node.js is your step-by-step guide to learning how to build scalable real-world web applications, taking you from installing Express.js to writing full-stack web applications with powerful libraries such as Mongoskin, Everyauth, Mongoose, Socket.
- IO, Handlebars, and everything in between.
Buy this book
- eBook $39.99
price for USA
- ISBN 978-1-4302-6596-2
- Digitally watermarked, DRM-free
- Included format: PDF, EPUB
- ebooks can be used on all reading devices
- Immediate eBook download after purchase
- About this book
Practical Node.js is your step-by-step guide to learning how to build a wide range of scalable real-world web applications using a professional development toolkit. Node.js is an innovative and highly efficient platform for creating web services. But Node.js doesn't live in a vacuum! In a modern web development, many different components need to be put together — routing, database driver, ORM, session management, OAuth, HTML template engine, CSS compiler and many more.
If you already know the basics of Node.js, now is the time to discover how to bring it to production level by leveraging its vast ecosystem of packages. As a web developer, you'll work with a varied collection of standards and frameworks - Practical Node.js shows you how all those pieces fit together.
Practical Node.js takes you from installing all the necessary modules to writing full-stack web applications by harnessing the power of the Express.js and Hapi frameworks, the MongoDB database with Mongoskin and Mongoose, Jade and Handlebars template engines, Stylus and LESS CSS languages, OAuth and Everyauth libraries, and the Socket.IO and Derby libraries, and everything in between. The book also covers how to deploy to Heroku and AWS, daemonize apps, and write REST APIs. You'll build full-stack real-world Node.js apps from scratch, and also discover how to write your own Node.js modules and publish them on NPM. You already know what Node.js is; now learn what you can do with it and how far you can take it!
- About the authors
- Table of contents (12 chapters)
Setting up Node.js and Other Essentials
Using Express.js 4 to Create Node.js Web Apps
TDD and BDD for Node.js with Mocha
Template Engines: Jade and Handlebars
Persistence with MongoDB and Mongoskin
Table of contents (12 chapters)
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Practical Node.js
- Book Subtitle
- Building Real-World Scalable Web Apps
- Azat Mardan
- Copyright Holder
- Azat Mardan
- eBook ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- XIX, 300
- Number of Illustrations
- 65 b/w illustrations