- The R Quick Syntax Reference is a handy reference book detailing the intricacies of the R language.
Buy this book
- eBook $24.99
price for USA
- ISBN 978-1-4302-6641-9
- Digitally watermarked, DRM-free
- Included format: EPUB, PDF
- ebooks can be used on all reading devices
- Immediate eBook download after purchase
- About this book
The R Quick Syntax Reference is a handy reference book detailing the intricacies of the R language. Not only is R a free, open-source tool, R is powerful, flexible, and has state of the art statistical techniques available. With the many details which must be correct when using any language, however, the R Quick Syntax Reference makes using R easier.
Starting with the basic structure of R, the book takes you on a journey through the terminology used in R and the syntax required to make R work. You will find looking up the correct form for an expression quick and easy. With a copy of the R Quick Syntax Reference in hand, you will find that are able to use the multitude of functions available to the R user and are even able to write your own functions to explore and analyze data.
- Takes you through learning R, from download to statistical analysis.
- Clears the confusion around object types and how to use and convert the types.
- Tells you how to search for statistical techniques using the R help pages.
- About the authors
Margot Tollefson is a self-employed consulting statistician residing in the tiny town of Stratford in the corn and soybean fields of north-central Iowa.She started using the S-Plus language in the early 1990s and was happy to switch to R about ten years ago. Margot enjoys writing her own functions in R - to do plots and simulations, as well as to implement custom modeling and use published statistical methods. She earned her graduate degrees in statistics from Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa.
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- R Quick Syntax Reference
- Margot Tollefson
- Copyright Holder
- Margot Tollefson
- eBook ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- XVIII, 228
- Number of Illustrations
- 8 b/w illustrations
*immediately available upon purchase as print book shipments may be delayed due to the COVID-19 crisis. ebook access is temporary and does not include ownership of the ebook. Only valid for books with an ebook version. Springer Reference Works and instructor copies are not included.