- Numerical Python by Robert Johansson shows you how to leverage the numerical and mathematical modules in Python and its Standard Library.
- It covers the popular open source numerical Python packages like NumPy, FiPy, Pillow, matplotlib and more.
- Applications include those from business management, big data/cloud computing, financial engineering and games.
Buy this book
- eBook $39.99
price for USA
- ISBN 978-1-4842-0553-2
- Digitally watermarked, DRM-free
- Included format: PDF, EPUB
- ebooks can be used on all reading devices
- Immediate eBook download after purchase
- About this book
Numerical Python by Robert Johansson shows you how to leverage the numerical and mathematical modules in Python and its Standard Library as well as popular open source numerical Python packages like NumPy, FiPy, matplotlib and more to numerically compute solutions and mathematically model applications in a number of areas like big data, cloud computing, financial engineering, business management and more.
After reading and using this book, you'll get some takeaway case study examples of applications that can be found in areas like business management, big data/cloud computing, financial engineering (i.e., options trading investment alternatives), and even games.
Up until very recently, Python was mostly regarded as just a web scripting language. Well, computational scientists and engineers have recently discovered the flexibility and power of Python to do more. Big data analytics and cloud computing programmers are seeing Python's immense use. Financial engineers are also now employing Python in their work. Python seems to be evolving as a language that can even rival C++, Fortran, and Pascal/Delphi for numerical and mathematical computations.
- About the authors
Robert Johansson is a numerical Python expert, computational scientist. He has experience with SciPy, NumPy and works on QuTiP, an open-source python framework for simulating the dynamics of quantum systems.
“Python’s numerical and mathematical modules aren’t just appreciated by coders working in the sciences … . It is for these fields that Johansson has written this detailed guide. … Johansson helps you brush up on problem solving, mathematics, algorithms, data, and even serialisation. … The book is a valuable reference across many fields.” (The MagPi, Issue 43, March, 2016)
- Table of contents (20 chapters)
Introduction to Computing with Python
Vectors, Matrices, and Multidimensional Arrays
Plotting and Visualization
Table of contents (20 chapters)
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Numerical Python
- Book Subtitle
- A Practical Techniques Approach for Industry
- Robert Johansson
- Copyright Holder
- Robert Johansson
- eBook ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- XXII, 487
- Number of Illustrations
- 54 illustrations in colour