- The only book available to cover the critical topic hardening cloud applications for maximum reliability and security
- Learn the tips, tricks and secrets of hardend Azure application development from authors who have personally developed and deployed massively scalable systems
- It also covers the fundamental change in organizational culture and software delivery model that is needed to support such applications
- About this book
Learn what it takes to build large scale, mission critical applications -hardened applications- on the Azure cloud platform.
This 208 page book covers the techniques and engineering principles that every architect and developer needs to know to harden their Azure/.NET applications to ensure maximum reliability and high availability when deployed at scale. While the techniques are implemented in .NET and optimized for Azure, the principles here will also be valuable for users of other cloud-based development platforms.
Applications come in a variety of forms, from simple apps that can be built and deployed in hours to mega-scale apps that need significantly higher engineering rigor and robust organizations to deliver them. How do you build such massively scalable applications to keep pace with traffic demands while always being ‘online’ with five 9's availability?
The authors take you step by step through the process of evaluating and building applications with the appropriate hardness attributes. For example, it is easy to say that an application should be available "all the time", but it is very important to understand what each level of 9 for availability means and the resulting implications on engineering and resources. The book explains the details required for developers and IT Pros to get it right in Azure.
- About the authors
<span style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';">Microsoft Corporation, Principal Engineering Manger in Applications and Services Division</span>
- Table of contents (11 chapters)
Introducing the Cloud Computing Platform
Hardened Cloud Applications
Service Fundamentals: Instrumentation, Telemetry, and Monitoring
Key Application Experiences: Latency, Scalability, and Throughput
Table of contents (11 chapters)
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Hardening Azure Applications
- Suraj Gaurav
- Suren Machiraju
- Copyright Holder
- Suraj Gaurav and Suren Machiraju
- eBook ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- XXVI, 208
- Number of Illustrations
- 84 b/w illustrations