- This new 7th edition of Pro C# 6.0 and the .NET 4.6 Platform has been completely revised and rewritten to reflect the latest changes to the C# language specification and new advances in the .NET Framework. You'll find new chapters covering all the important new features that make .NET 4.6 the most comprehensive release yet, including:
- • .NET APIs for Windows 10 style UI apps
- • New chapters with coverage of ASP.NET Web API and Entity Framework
- • How HTML5 support is being wrapped into C# web applications
Buy this book
- eBook $44.99
price for USA (gross)
- ISBN 978-1-4842-1332-2
- Digitally watermarked, DRM-free
- Included format: EPUB, PDF
- ebooks can be used on all reading devices
- Immediate eBook download after purchase
- About this book
This new 7th edition of Pro C# 6.0 and the .NET 4.6 Platform has been completely revised and rewritten to reflect the latest changes to the C# language specification and new advances in the .NET Framework. You'll find new chapters covering all the important new features that make .NET 4.6 the most comprehensive release yet, including:
- A Refined ADO.NET Entity Framework Programming Model
- Numerous IDE and MVVM Enhancements for WPF Desktop Development
- Numerous updates to the ASP.NET Web APIs
This comes on top of award winning coverage of core C# features, both old and new, that have made the previous editions of this book so popular. Readers will gain a solid foundation of object-oriented development techniques, attributes and reflection, generics and collections as well as numerous advanced topics not found in other texts (such as CIL opcodes and emitting dynamic assemblies).The mission of this book is to provide you with a comprehensive foundation in the C# programming language and the core aspects of the .NET platform plus overviews of technologies built on top of C# and .NET (ADO.NET and Entity Framework, Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), ASP.NET (WebForms, MVC, WebAPI).). Once you digest the information presented in these chapters, you’ll be in a perfect position to apply this knowledge to your specific programming assignments, and you’ll be well equipped to explore the .NET universe on your own terms.
What You Will Learn:
- Be the first to understand the .NET 4.6 platform and C# 6.
- Discover the ins and outs of the leading .NET technology.
- Learn from an award-winning author who has been teaching the .NET world since version 1.0.
- Find complete coverage of XAML, .NET 4.6 and Visual Studio 2015 together with discussion of the new Windows Runtime.
- About the authors
Andrew Troelsen has more than 20 years of experience in the software industry. During this time he has worked as a developer, educator, author, public speaker, and now team lead and lead engineer at Thomson Reuters. He is the author of numerous books in the Microsoft universe covering C++-based COM development with ATL, COM and .NET interoperability, Visual Basic, and the award-winning 'C# and the .NET platform'. He has a master of science degree in software engineering (MSSE) from the University of St. Thomas and is working on a second master of science degree in computational linguistics (CLMS) from the University of Washington.
An international speaker, Microsoft MVP, ASPInsider, MCSD, CSM, and CSP, and a passionate member of the developer community, Phil Japikse has been working with .NET since the first betas, developing software for over 30 years, and heavily involved in the agile community since 2005. Phil is co-author of best selling 'C# 6.0 and the .NET 4.6 Framework', the Lead Director for the Cincinnati .NET User’s Group and the Cincinnati Software Architect Group, co-hosts the Hallway Conversations podcast, founded the Cincinnati Day of Agile, and volunteers for the National Ski Patrol. Phil is also a published author with LinkedIn Learning. During the day, Phil works as an Enterprise Consultant and Agile Coach for large to medium firms throughout the US. Phil enjoys to learn new tech and is always striving to improve his craft. You can follow Phil on his blog, or on Twitter @skimedic.
Table of contents (34 chapters)
The Philosophy of .NET
Building C# Applications
Core C# Programming Constructs, Part I
Core C# Programming Constructs, Part II
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- C# 6.0 and the .NET 4.6 Framework
- Andrew Troelsen
- Philip Japikse
- Copyright Holder
- ANDREW TROELSEN and Philip Japikse
- eBook ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- LXXIII, 1625
- Number of Illustrations and Tables
- 468 b/w illustrations