- Covers a new and high-end feature set that is sweeping the user communityProvides a quick start to 24x7 availability in support of enterprise applicationsHelps database administrators ensure their ability to recover from data loss
Buy this book
- eBook $19.99
price for USA
- ISBN 978-1-4842-1763-4
- Digitally watermarked, DRM-free
- Included format: EPUB, PDF
- ebooks can be used on all reading devices
- Immediate eBook download after purchase
- About this book
Get a fast start to using AlwaysOn, the SQL Server solution to high-availability and disaster recovery. Read this short, 150-page book that is adapted from Peter Carter’s Pro SQL Server Administration to gain a solid and accurate understanding of how to implement systems requiring consistent and continuous uptime.
Begin with an introduction to high-availability and disaster recovery concepts such as Recovery Point Objectives (RPOs), Recovery Time Objectives (RTO), availability levels, and the cost of downtime. Then move into detailed coverage of implementing and configuring the AlwaysOn feature set in order to meet the business objectives set by your organization.SQL Server AlwaysOn Revealed offers real-world advice on how to build and configure the most appropriate topology to meet the high-availability and disaster recovery requirements you are faced with. Content includes strong coverage on implementing clusters, on building AlwaysOn failover clustered instances, and on configuring AlwaysOn Availability Groups. This is a practical and hand-on book to get you started quickly in using one of the most talked-about SQL Server feature sets.
- Teaches you to build HA and DR solutions using the AlwaysOn feature set
- Provides real-world advice on configuration and performance considerations
- Demonstrates administrative techniques for the AlwaysOn feature set
What You Will Learn
- Understand high availability and disaster recovery concepts and terminology.
- Understand the technologies available, to implement HA and DR.
- Build and configure a Windows Cluster.
- Build and configure an AlwaysOn failover clustered instance.
- Implement AlwaysOn Availability Groups and appropriately configure them.
- Administer AlwaysOn technologies post implementation.
Who This Book Is For
SQL Server AlwaysOn Revealed is for database administrators interested in growing their knowledge and skills in Microsoft SQL Server’s high-availability and disaster recovery feature set.
- About the authors
Peter Carter is a SQL Server expert with over a decade of experience in developing, administering, and architecting SQL Server platforms and data-tier applications. Peter was awarded an MCC by Microsoft in 2011, and it sits alongside his array of MCTS, MCITP, MCSA and MCSE certifications in SQL Server from version 2005 onward. His passion for SQL Server shows through in everything he does, and his goal is that his passion for the technology will inspire others.
- Table of contents (6 chapters)
High Availability and Disaster Recovery Concepts
Understanding High Availability and Disaster Recovery Technologies
Implementing a Cluster
Implementing an AlwaysOn Failover Clustered Instance
Implementing AlwaysOn Availability Groups
Table of contents (6 chapters)
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- SQL Server AlwaysOn Revealed
- Peter A. Carter
- Copyright Holder
- Peter A. Carter
- eBook ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- XIII, 150
- Number of Illustrations
- 100 b/w illustrations
*immediately available upon purchase as print book shipments may be delayed due to the COVID-19 crisis. ebook access is temporary and does not include ownership of the ebook. Only valid for books with an ebook version. Springer Reference Works and instructor copies are not included.