Pro ASP.NET 2.0 in C# 2005, Special Edition
Authors: Szpuszta, Mario, MacDonald, Matthew
Buy this book
- Hardcover $64.99
price for USA
- ISBN 978-1-59059-768-2
- book with CD
- Free shipping for individuals worldwide
- This title is currently reprinting. You can pre-order your copy now.
- About this book
Welcome to Pro ASP.NET 2.0 in C# 2005, Special Edition. In this book, you'll learn how ASP.NET 2.0 really works. You won't be bored with a rehash of the C# language; instead, you'll get the hard-won practical advice that you need to build sophisticated, scalable websites. New features are clearly identified, so if you've programmed with a previous version of ASP.NET, you'll sail through the basics and get right to the most important changes and enhancements.
You'll also dig into advanced topics that other ASP.NET books leave out, like custom control creation, image handling, and encryption. You'll spend two complete chapters learning to make highly responsive pages with Ajax techniques and exploring Microsoft's next-generation Atlas platform. There's no better way to prepare for the future of the Web.
For this Special Edition of the book, we've also included a bonus CD containing a host of valuable extras to help you really get to grips with the technology:
- A carefully selected library of chapters from 18 other Apress Pro and Expert titles designed to complement this book and broaden your knowledge of ASP.NET 2.0, C# 2005, VB 2005, and SQL Server 2005. That's over 2,000 information-rich pages in eBook form. All fully supported with code samples on Apress.com.
- An eBook copy of ASPToday.com on ASP.NET 2.0 containing thirty-three articles covering ASP.NET 2.0 and SQL Server 2005 from Apress ASPToday website. ASPToday specializes in publishing quality articles for ASP developers. This is the first time this material is being made available in eBook form.
- A full selection of our .NET 2.0 roadmaps that illustrate how Apress books can be linked together by you, the reader, to create your own custom-made learning curve to help you master the technology areas you need to know.
- About the authors
Mario Szpuszta is working in the Developer and Platform Group of Microsoft, Austria. Before he started working for Microsoft, Mario was involved in several projects based on COM+ and DCOM with Visual Basic and Visual C++ as well as projects based on Java and J2SE. With beta 2 of the .NET Framework, he started developing Web applications with ASP.NET. As developer evangelist for Microsoft Austria, he is doing workshops, trainings, and proof-of-concept projects together with independent software vendors in Austria based on .NET, Web Services, and Office 2003 technologies.
From the reviews:
"The ASP.NET language/methodology/system is Microsoft’s popular method of accomplishing this. … The package seems meant to be used as a reference book for ASP.NET 2.0, with various parts being consulted as the need arises. … For specialists in active Web design and implementation, this text will be a valuable reference. I recommend it." (G. M. White, ACM Computing Reviews, Vol. 49 (3), March, 2008)
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Pro ASP.NET 2.0 in C# 2005, Special Edition
- Mario Szpuszta
- Matthew MacDonald
- Copyright Holder
- Hardcover ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages