RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 11g
A Problem-Solution Approach
Authors: Alapati, Sam, Kuhn, Darl, Nanda, ArupDownload source code
- Covers Oracle Database 11g, no other backup and recovery book currently does that
- Oracle backup and recovery is an under published area. The Hart/Freeman book is the only competitor of note
- All three authors are highly-visible in their field: Darl Kuhn, the lead author, is a recovery expert well-known for his RMAN Pocket Reference; Arup Nanda is an Oracle ACE, frequent contributor to Oracle Magazine and to the Oracle Technology Network, was proclaimed "DBA of the Year" by Oracle Corporation in 2003, and presents frequently at Oracle OpenWorld and other conferences; Sam Alapati manages databases for the Boy Scouts of America and is author of Apress's cornerstone title for Oracle administrators: Expert Oracle Database 10g Administration
Buy this book
- Softcover $59.99
price for USA
- ISBN 978-1-59059-851-1
- Free shipping for individuals worldwide
- Usually dispatched within 3 to 5 business days.
- About this book
It's sometimes said that the true job of an Oracle database administrator can be summed up in one, essential skill: to be able to recover your database.
There's much wisdom in that statement. Of all the things you are responsible for as a database administrator, nothing is more important than the data itself. Like it or not, the fearsome responsibility of protecting your organization's most critical data falls squarely upon your shoulders:
- Lose that data and your company could fail.
- Lose that data and you could be out of a job.
Scared? You should be. But there's help. You are not alone. Oracle experts Darl Kuhn, Sam Alapati, and Arup Nanda have come together in this book to show you the power of Recovery Manager, or RMAN, which is Oracle's backup and recovery tool of choice. RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 11g helps you take advantage of all that RMAN has to offer by providing easy-to-understand solutions to business-critical backup and recovery operations. This handy guide:
- Demystifies the steps required to protect your business data
- Provides ready-made and step-by-step solutions to simple and complex backup, restore, and recovery operations
- Is task-oriented, making it easy for you to find the solution to pressing backup and recovery problems
- Respects your time by providing example-based solutions, not endless reading material
When the pressure's on, you don't have time for long discussions of theory. This book gets right to the point with quick and easy-to-read, step-by-step solutions that can help you backup and recover your data with confidence.
- About the authors
Sam R. Alapati is an experienced Oracle database administrator who holds the Oracle Certified Professional designation and the Hewlett-Packard UNIX System Administrator certification. He currently manages Oracle databases at the Boy Scouts of America's national headquarters in Los Colinas, Texas. Alapati has been dealing with databases for a long time, including the Ingres RDBMS in the mid-1980s. He is also well-versed in the Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase, and IBM DB2 database management systems.
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- RMAN Recipes for Oracle Database 11g
- Book Subtitle
- A Problem-Solution Approach
- Sam Alapati
- Darl Kuhn
- Arup Nanda
- Copyright Holder
- Sam Alapati and Darl Kuhn and Arup Nanda
- Softcover ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- XXXI, 670