Practical JRuby on Rails Web 2.0 Projects
Bringing Ruby on Rails to Java
Authors: Bini, OlaDownload source code
- Will be the first book as well as first projects oriented book on JRuby and Rails
- Authoritative--written by one of the JRuby project co-leader Ola Bini
- Includes four sample real-world applications that the reader can build throughout book
Buy this book
- Softcover $42.99
price for USA
- ISBN 978-1-59059-881-8
- Free shipping for individuals worldwide
- Immediate ebook access, if available*, with your print order
- Usually dispatched within 3 to 5 business days.
- About this book
Discover how JRuby on Rails can be used to create web applications faster and more efficiently while still taking advantage of the vast power of the Java platform.
Ruby on Rails is proving itself to be one of the most efficient and powerful agile web development application frameworks available and has had a profound influence on the Java community. The JRuby project offers Java developers the best of two worlds: the flexibility of Ruby on Rails coupled with the enterprise-level power and maturity of the Java platform.
JRuby core developer Ola Bini covers everything you need to know to take full advantage of what JRuby has to offer, including:
- Full coverage on how to use JRuby to create web applications faster and more efficiently, while continuing to take advantage of the vast power of the Java platform
- Several real-world projects that illustrate the crucial specifics you need to know about the interaction of Java and Ruby
- Helpful, practical instruction and discussion on how web applications can be deployed using a variety of popular servers such as Apache and Mongrel
- About the authors
Ola Bini is a longtime developer from Sweden who started at age 9 with Basic, on an Apple IIc; from there, he learned C, C++, Assembler, Lisp, Java, Ruby, and various other languages. He has no formal education except for a few Sun Java certifications. He has worked with system development at Karolinska Institutet since 2001 and runs his own consulting company, OLogix Consulting, in his spare time. He has contributed to various open-source projects and is one of the three core developers of the JRuby project.
*immediately available upon purchase as print book shipments may be delayed due to the COVID-19 crisis. ebook access is temporary and does not include ownership of the ebook. Only valid for books with an ebook version. Springer Reference Works are not included.