Practical REST on Rails 2 Projects
Authors: Scofield, BenDownload source code
- First book on REST on Rails
- Includes high profile projects involving the popular Apple iPhone, Facebook and more
Buy this book
- Softcover $42.99
price for USA
- ISBN 978-1-59059-994-5
- Free shipping for individuals worldwide
- Immediate ebook access, if available*, with your print order
- Usually dispatched within 3 to 5 business days.
- About this book
Practical REST on Rails 2 Projects is a guide to joining the burgeoning world of open web applications. It argues that opening up your application can provide significant benefits and involves you in the entire process—from setting up your application, to creating clients for it, to handling success and all its attendant problems.
- This book is the essential resource for anyone who wants to make their web application a full participant in the new Internet
- This book is intended for intermediate–to–advanced Rails developers—people who use Rails regularly for sites and applications more complicated than the prototypical roll–your–own blog
- In particular, it's targeted at Rails developers who want to be good Web 2.0 citizens—sharing the functionality of their app with other sites to the betterment of everyone
- Application projects include iPhone, Facebook, and REST for the enterprise
- About the authors
Ben Scofield develops web applications for Viget Labs, based in the D.C. area. He has been designing and building for the Web since 1998, and has been happily obsessed with Ruby and Rails for several years. He's worked on a variety of sites, and has spoken at RailsConf and RubyConf. He lives in Durham, North Carolina with his wife, dog, and child.
*immediately available upon purchase as print book shipments may be delayed due to the COVID-19 crisis. ebook access is temporary and does not include ownership of the ebook. Only valid for books with an ebook version. Springer Reference Works are not included.