- Full Description
The need for natural and effective Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) is increasingly important due to the prevalence of computers in human activities. Computer vision and pattern recognition continue to play a dominant role in the HCI realm. However, computer vision methods often fail to become pervasive in the field due to the lack of real-time, robust algorithms, and novel and convincing applications. This state-of-the-art contributed volume is comprised of articles by prominent experts in computer vision, pattern recognition and HCI. It is the first published text to capture the latest research in this rapidly advancing field with exclusive focus on real-time algorithms and practical applications in diverse and numerous industries, and it outlines further challenges in these areas. Real-Time Vision for Human-Computer Interaction is an invaluable reference for HCI researchers in both academia and industry, and a useful supplement for advanced-level courses in HCI and Computer Vision.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- RTV4HCI: A Historical Overview.
- Time Algorithms: From Signal Processing to Computer Vision.
- Recognition of Isolated Fingerspelling Gestures Using Depth Edges.
- Based Real
- Time Understanding of Gestures Using Projected Euler Angles.
- Flocks of Features for Tracking Articulated Objects.
- Static Hand Posture Recognition Based on Okapi
- Chamfer Matching.
- Visual Modeling of Dynamic Gestures Using 3D Appearance and Motion Features.
- Head and Facial Animation Tracking Using Appearance
- Adaptive Models and Particle Filters.
- A Real
- Time Vision Interface Based on Gaze Detection
- Map Building from Human
- Computer Interactions.
- Time Inference of Complex Mental States from Facial Expressions and Head Gestures.
- Epipolar Constrained User Pushbutton Selection in Projected Interfaces.
- Based HCI Applications.
- The Office of the Past.
- 4 Face and Body Animation Coding Applied to HCI.
- Multimodal Human
- Computer Interaction.
- Smart Camera Systems Technology Roadmap.
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published