- Full Description
Multimodal Processing and Interaction: Audio, Video and Text presents high quality, state-of-the-art research ideas and results from theoretic, algorithmic and application viewpoints. This edited volume contains both state-of-the-art reviews and original contributions by leading experts in the scientific and technological field of multimedia. It grew out of a four-year collaboration among research groups participating in the European network of Excellence on Multimedia Understanding, Semantics, Computation and Learning (MUSCLE). Multimodal Processing and Interaction: Audio, Video and Text covers a broad spectrum of novel perspectives, analytic tools, algorithms, design practices and applications in multimedia science and engineering with emphasis on multimodal integration and modality fusion. This volume also contains contributions in the area of interaction with multimedia, especially multimodal interfaces for accessing multimedia content. Multimodal Processing and Interaction: Audio, Video and Text is designed for a professional audience composed of practitioners and researchers in industry and academia. This book is suitable for advanced-level students in computer science and engineering as well.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Tutorial Review of State of the Art.
- Modal Integration/Interaction for Performance Improving in Multimedia: State
- Art Review.
- Computer Interfaces for Multimedia Retrieval: State of the Art.
- New Research Directions: Integrated Multimedia Analysis And Recognition.
- Stochastic Models for Multimodal Video Analysis.
- Adaptive Multimodal Fusion by Uncertainty Compensation with Application to Audio
- Visual Speech Recognition.
- Action Recognition in Multimedia Streams.
- Surveillance Using Both Video and Audio.
- Movie Analysis with Emphasis to Dialogue Detections.
- Visual Attention Modeling and Salient Event Detection.
- New Research Directions: Searching Multimedia Content.
- Interactive Image Retrieval using a Hybrid Visual and Conceptual Content Representation.
- Multimodal Analysis of Text and Audio Features for Music Information Retrieval.
- Toward the Integration of NLP and ASR: POS Tagging and Transcription.
- Design Principles for Multimodal Spoken Dialogue Systems.
- Eye Tracking for Image Retrieval.
- Natural/ Novel User Interfaces for Mobile Devices.
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published