- Full Description
Ubiquitous environments are important because they allow users to move about freely and continue the interaction with the available applications through a variety of interactive devices (including cell phones, PDA's, desktop computers, digital television sets, and intelligent watches). A frustrating limitation is that people have to start their session over again from the beginning at each interaction device change. This book reports results based on the work in the OPEN project. It provides solutions able to address three key aspects: device change, state persistence and content adaptation. There is a lack of migratory services technology for the migration of applications in different usage scenarios. This book offers a general and open migratory service platform solution based on a sound and innovative scientific approach developed by a multi-disciplinary consortium combining the expertise of three technological world leaders, three well-known research organizations and one SME.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- State of the Art in Migration.
- Migration Opportunities.
- The OPEN Migration Platform Architecture.
- User Interface Migration based on the Use of Logical Descriptions.
- Service Migration Network Support.
- Dynamic Reconfiguration of Application Logic during Application Migration.
- Design and Development of a Migratory Application based on OPEN Migration Service Platform.
- Generation Migratory Emergency Management Application.
- Integration of User Interface and Application Logic Reconfiguration: An Example in the Game Domain.
- The Usability Evaluation and the Programmability Assessment of Migration.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published