- Full Description
This book looks at the future of advertising from the perspective of pervasive computing. Pervasive computing encompasses the integration of computers into everyday devices, like the covering of surfaces with interactive displays and networked mobile phones. Advertising is the communication of sponsored messages to inform, convince, and persuade to buy. We believe that our future cities will be digital, giving us instant access to any information we need everywhere, like at bus stops, on the sidewalk, inside the subway and in shopping malls. We will be able to play with and change the appearance of our cities effortlessly, like making flowers grow along a building wall or changing the colour of the street we are in. Like the internet as we know it, this digitalization will be paid for by adverts, which unobtrusively provide us suggestions for nearby restaurants or cafés. If any content annoys us, we will be able to effortlessly say so and change it with simple gestures, and content providers and advertisers will know what we like and be able to act accordingly. This book presents the technological foundations to make this vision a reality.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Pervasive Advertising.
- Digitial Out
- Home Media: Means and Effects of Digital Media in Public Space.
- Meaningful Advertising.
- based Advertising.
- A Framework for Digital Signage Policy.
- Targeted Advertising on the Handset: Privacy and Security Challenges.
- Opportunities and Challenges of Interactive Public Displays as an Advertising Medium.
- Conceptualizing Context for Pervasive Advertising.
- Managing Advertising Context.
- Social Networks in Pervasive Advertising and Shopping.
- Adapting News and Advertisments to Groups.
- Deploying Pervasive Advertising in a Farmers Market.
- Rural Communities and Pervasive Advertising.
- Attentional Behaviour of Users on the Move towards Pervasive Advertising Media.
- Ambient Persuasion in the Shopping Context.
- Interacting with Sound.
- Scent Marketing: Making Olfactory Advertising Pervasive.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published