- Full Description
The emergence and widespread use personal computers and network technologies have seen the development of interest in the use of computers to support cooperative work. This volume presents the proceedings of the ninth European conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW). This is a multidisciplinary area that embraces the development of new technologies grounded in actual cooperative practices. These proceedings contain a collection of papers that reflect the variegated research activities in the field. The volume includes papers addressing novel interaction technologies for CSCW systems, new models and architectures for groupware systems, studies of communication and coordination among mobile actors, studies of cooperative work in complex settings, studies of groupware systems in actual use in real-world settings, and theories and techniques to support the development of cooperative applications. The papers present emerging technologies alongside new methods and approaches to the development of this important class of applications. The work in this volume represents the best of the current research and practice within CSCW. The collection of papers presented here will appeal to researchers and practitioners alike, as they combine an understanding of the nature of work with the possibility offered by new technologies.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- From the contents: Invited lectures: Laminar separation bubbles. Transient growth with application to bypass transition. The role of external disturbances in laminar
- turbulent transition. Modeling the effects of two
- dimensional steps on boundary
- layer transition. Recent observations in the transition to turbulence in a pipe. Localised instability in unsteady separation bubbles. Interaction of separation and transition in boundary layers: Direct Numerical Simulations. Instability I: On fundamental instability mechanisms of nominally two
- dimensional separation bubbles. A new stability approach for the flow induced by wall injection.
- Instability II: The pecularities of development of forerunners on longitudinal structures fronts in the boundary layer of a straight wing. Observation of nonlinear travelling waves in turbulent pipe flow.
- Instability III: A strange instability with growth normal to a boundary layer. Numerical studies of streak instability in boundary layers. Possible linear instability mechanism in small
- scale pipe flows. Effects of strong adverse pressure gradients and incident wakes on transition and calming.
- Instability IV: Effect of free
- stream turbulence on a compressible laminar boundary layer. Effect of viscosity stratification on secondary and nonmodal instabilities. Spectral element stability analysis of vortical flows.
- Instability V: Experimental study of resonant interactions of instability waves in an airfoil boundary layer. Klebanoff modes in swept boundary layers.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published