- Full Description
The Facebook API allows web developers to create Facebook applications and access Facebook data from other applications. Facebook API Developers Guide covers the use and implementation of the Facebook APIwhat the key features are and how you can access them. You will learn, through practical examples, the main features of the Facebook API including an introduction to the APIspecific languages FQL and FBML. These examples are further supported by the introduction of other technologies like language libraries, relational database management systems, and XML.
- Covers all key features of the Facebook API
- Explains the API languages FQL and FBML
- Teaches by example, with useful code and tips you can use in your own applications
What youll learn
- Provides real language description of the API thats easy to understand
- Presents multiple API examples that you can use in your own projects
- Fills holes in the official documentation
- Demonstrates integration with other technologies
- Illustrates how adoption of socialtechnical behavior shapes technology design
- Shows that Facebook development is fun!
Who this book is for
This book is for web developers wanting to learn how to leverage the API in their own applications or how to create bespoke applications in Facebook. It will also appeal to Facebook users who are interested in using the API to develop their own programs. The code in the book is aimed at the beginnertointermediate level, so you dont need to be a pro to use it, but some programming or web development experience is recommended.
- Source Code/Downloads
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published