- Full Description
This book will teach you how to build hand-crafted web pages the Web Standardistas way: using well-structured XHTML for content and CSS for presentation.
By embracing a web standards approach, you will hold the key to creating web sites that not only look great in all modern browsers, but also are accessible to a wide variety of audiences across a range of platformsfrom those browsing on everyday computers, to those accessing the Web on the latest emerging mobile devices.
Even if you're an absolute beginner in web design, this book will teach you how to build future-proof web pages the right way using easy-to-master tools which are, in most cases, free. Through 14 easy-to-follow chapters, we introduce you to the fundamentals of contemporary web design practice. Step by step we'll assemble well-structured XHTML webpages, which we'll then style using handcrafted CSS.
By the end of the book, you'll have a firm knowledge of the essentials of web design: everything you need to know to move forward in your lifelong journey as a Web Standardista.
To equip you on this noble quest, we've included enjoyable practical assignments at the end of each chapter. Embracing these challenges will not only teach you how to create great looking web sites that are the envy of your peers, but also equip you with an unrivaled knowledge of monkeys that journeyed to space and apes that starred in the moviesthe real stars of this book.
On completion of this book not only will you be able to create well-crafted web sites, but you will have earned the badge of a Web Standardista, proving your worth as a good citizen of the Web.
What youll learn
- Assemble well-structured XHTML markup like a seasoned craftsman, with nothing but a free text editor.
- Create hand-coded style sheets with authority, using lean and efficient CSS.
- Use semantic markup to build future-proof web pages.
- Establish your own web address and upload your web site for the world to see.
- Embrace the power of the Web Standardistas' approach to create well-designed, accessible web pages that look great in all modern browsers, making the Web a better place for all.
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published