- Full Description
Spring and OSGis features are a natural fit; they are orthogonal to each other. The Open Services Gateway initiative (OSGi) is about packaging, deployment, and versioning issues, while Spring is about providing the necessary foundation to wire up Java classes in their most basic form using dependency injection and aspect orientation to fulfill an applications purpose.
Pro Spring Dynamic Modules for OSGi Service Platforms by Daniel Rubio is the first book to cover OSGi as practically implemented by the worlds most popular, agile, and open-source enterprise Java framework, Spring.
- Covers the ease at which OSGi is used with the Spring Framework in development, packaging, versioning, and deployment.
- Enterprises are trusting Spring more and more, and this book leverages OSGi in a way that can complete the use of Spring in the enterprise, as OSGi is already being trusted and adopted by IBM, BEA, and others.
- The text discusses how Spring OSGi makes your Spring applications trusted SOA applications.
What youll learn
- Understand the fundamentals of OSGi and Spring, and combine the two.
- Take your Spring applications and bundles, and incorporate OSGi for production-ready packaging, versioning practices, and deployment.
- Create productionready Spring Beans by packaging and versioning, and then deploy them.
- Develop data access methods and means for your Spring OSGi projects.
- Build and use graphical user interfaces for Spring OSGi.
- Test, scale, and optimize your Spring OSGi applications for deployment and performance.
Who this book is for
This book is for Java developers using the Spring Framework who are looking to take advantage of OSGi.
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published