- Full Description
Pro ADO.NET Data Services: Working with RESTful Data is aimed at developers interested in taking advantage of the RESTstyle data services that ADO.NET Data Services (formerly codenamed Astoria) provides. The book shows how to incorporate ADO.NET Data Services into a wide range of common environments, including BizTalk, Ajax and Silverlight client applications. The material is intended for professional developers who are comfortable with the .NET 3.5 Framework but are coming to ADO.NET Data Services for the first time and want to understand how to integrate it into their own applications and enterprise solutions. The book is packed full with extensive realworld solutions and exercises, ensuring you walk away with a deep understanding of how to use ADO.NET Data Services to your best advantage.
What youll learn
- Implement software solutions using ADO.NET Data Services within a variety of enterpriselevel environments.
- Integrate ADO.NET Data Services into enterprise applications using BizTalk Server.
- Take advantage of ADO.NET Data Services in standard and Ajax/Silverlightenabled ASP.NET applications, as well as traditional .NET applications.
- Understand when to apply traditional Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) programming methods vs. RESTstyle programming to achieve the best possible results.
- Incorporate ADO.NET Data Services into Microsoft technologies in the cleanest possible way.
- Understand cloud computing from a business perspective and where ADO.NET Data Services fits within this.
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published