- Full Description
Beginning Google Maps Mashups with Mapplets, KML, and GeoRSS is a beginners guide to creating web mashups using Google mapping technology.
- Serves as a singlesource primer to displaying data on Google Maps
- Covers both Mapplets and the Google Maps API
- Provides everything you need to start participating in the geographic Web
What youll learn
- Mash up GeoWeb services onto a Google map
- Package your mashup as a mapplet and publish it to maps.google.com
- Enhance your map with driving directions, local search, map advertising, and more
- Discover common Googlemapping mistakes to avoid
- Find out how and when to geocode existing data into mappable coordinates
- Deliver your own data as GeoXML
Who this book is for
This book is for web designers and developers who have not worked with Google Maps or geographic data before. A working knowledge of HTML is required, and some programming experience is beneficial.
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published