- Full Description
The SpringSource dm Server is a completely modular, OSGi-based Java server designed to run enterprise Java applications and Spring-powered applications with a new degree of flexibility and reliability. The SpringSource dm Server is based on the SpringSource Dynamic Module Kernel (dm Kernel). The dm Kernel provides a module-based backbone for the server, which also harnesses the power of Spring, Apache Tomcat, and OSGi-based technologies.
Pro SpringSource dm Server is the first book available for learning how to develop and deploy modular applications to run on the SpringSource dm Server 2.0 deployment platform.
- This book covers everything you need, from basic OSGi concepts to developing and deploying OSGi-based applications on the SpringSource dm Server.
- This book demonstrates how to migrate an existing web application from a standard WAR to a shared libraries WAR, a shared services WAR, and finally a web module.
- The topics in this book are introduced by complete and realworld examples that you can follow step by step. Instead of abstract descriptions on complex concepts, you will find live examples in this book.
What youll learn
- Understanding what OSGi is and why we need it
- Using Spring Dynamic Modules to develop OSGibased applications
- An overview of the SpringSource dm Server
- Setting up and configuring the platform
- Developing OSGi bundles and web applications for the platform
- Tracing and monitoring applications running on the platform
Who this book is for
This book is for Java developers and deployers who would like to develop modular Java applications using OSGi and deploy them to run on the SpringSource dm Server. You dont need much experience to read this book. However, it assumes that you understand Spring Framework fundamentals and have experience developing Java applications.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Introduction to OSGi
- Developing Bundles with Spring Dynamic Modules
- Introduction to the dm Server
- Getting Started with the dm Server
- Developing Applications for the dm Server
- Migrating Web Applications to the dm Server
- Tracing Applications on the dm Server
- Managing Application Growth on the dm Server
- Source Code/Downloads
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published