- Full Description
Cisco Routers for the Small Business provides, in plain English, a nononsense approach to setting up all the features of the Cisco IOS for a small business using broadband technologies. This book explains how to use a Cisco router to setup cable modems, DSL and PPPoE, and explains how to configure NAT, Access Control Lists, Firewalls, DMZs and an IPSec VPN between two sites using advanced encryption. The chapters are tutorial-based and provide easy-to-follow, stepbystep instructions for all tasks that small businesses need to perform using a router. Easytoimplement example configurations are included in the appendices.
- Written for the small business using common, broadband connections such as cable Internet and DSL.
- Provides easilyfollowed, stepbystep instructions for tasks that small businesses need to perform, such as configuring virtual private network (VPN) connections, creating firewalls, securing the router, and more.
- Contains appendixes with example configurations that are short, to the point, and deadsimple to implement.
What youll learn
- Securely configure Internet connections for your business using Ciscos IOS commandlanguage.
- Create virtual private networks (VPNs) that bring remote offices and employees onto your network, safely, via standard DSL and cable Internet connections.
- Set up network address translation (NAT) routing so that your inoffice computers are effectively invisible to outside intruders.
- Back up and recover your router configuration.
- Create demilitarized zones (DMZs) in support of servers that you wish to make accessible from outside your more secure, internal network.
- Protect your email server from attack using Ciscos Email Inspection Engine.
Who this book is for
Cisco Routers for the Small Business is intended for network administrators, power users, and IT professionals who support small business networks.
- Source Code/Downloads
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published