- Full Description
The miniature web applications known as gadgets (or widgets) are a key component of the distributed web and an ideal way to publish your content far beyond the reach of your own web site. Packaging web content and functionality into a gadget enables it to be seen anywhere from iGoogle to the iPhonewherever the user may be, on or off the traditional web. Everyone can access your content without having to visit your web site.
- Learn the key concepts for successfully syndicating web content via gadgets.
- Build platform-agnostic gadgets that run on all the major web portals.
- Deploy your gadgets to web-enabled handheld devices.
What youll learnYou'll learn how to design a successful web gadget, build it efficiently, and deploy it painlessly to a dozen platforms from a single code base. In the process, your web content will gain far greater exposure than is possible with a traditional web site alone.
Who this book is for
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Introducing Web Gadgets
- Designing the Core Gadget
- Developing for Multiple Platforms
- Mac OS X Dashboard
- Windows Mobile
- Symbian S60
- The Future of Web Gadgets
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published