- Full Description
To be a successful ASP.NET 4 developer, you need to know how to apply the vast array of new functionality available in the latest release of the .NET 4 Framework and Visual Studio 2010.
This book will immerse you in a variety of advanced topics, including architecting different application data tiers, memory caching paradigms, data mining, and search engine optimization. Working through step-by-step exercises using P/LINQ, DLR, MEF, MVC, IronPython, Axum, and Ajax, you will learn a variety of approaches to building each of the key application tiers common to all web solutions.
Using a proven technique of illustrating advanced concepts with functional solutions, all topics in the book are modeled on a fully operational content management system (CMS), built from the ground up. This ensures that youll be introduced to real-world examples that demonstrate the full functionality of the .NET 4 Framework for ASP.NET, and that youll be able to apply your new skills to any web development situation.
What youll learn
- How to use the new functionality of Visual Studio 2010 of interest to ASP.NET developer
- What is new within the .NET 4 framework and how it impacts ASP.NET development
- All about different application tiers using P/LINQ, the Entity Framework, DLR, MEF, MVC, and AJAX
- When to use advanced caching techniques Memcached and Velocity
- How to optimize the content that the user sees to reduce server loads and response times
- How to develop highly scalable & concurrent approaches to data mining using IronPython and the Axium languages
Who this book is for
Intermediate and advanced developers alike will find comprehensive information about how Visual Studio 2010 and the .NET 4 framework impact ASP.NET development. Centered around a full CMS implementation, readers will find a vast array of tailored discussions, exercises, and solutions that will enable them to quickly upgrade their skills from previous versions of the .NET framework.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Visual Studio 2010 and NET
- CMS Architecture and Development
- Managed Extensibility Framework and the Dynamic Language Runtime
- jQuery and Ajax in the Presentation Tier
- Distributed Caching via Memcached
- Scripting via IronPython
- Performance Tuning, Configuration, and Debugging
- Search Engine Optimization and Accessibility
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published