- Full Description
Since the advent of digital photography, we have been able to post-process our pictures. However, to do it properly, we have to become digital art apprentices. Sebastian Montabone is a computer vision expert who wants us to use our cameras and image processing software to come up with works of art. In this book, he teaches image processing techniques of ascending difficulty based on freely available tools. The book teaches you to use the best tools for the job, and it focuses on the techniques, not the environments or toolchains in which they run. Also in this book, youll learn about the Canon Hack Development Kit (CHDK), which expands the features of some cameras.
What youll learn
- Learn how to process your photos by example.
- Save money by using free tools instead of expensive commercial software.
- Create unbelievable high-dynamic range (HDR) pictures.
- Generate stunning panoramas from ordinary pictures.
- Use the Canon Hack Development Kit (CHDK) to expand your camera features.
- Make videos and edit them easily using free software.
Who this book is for
This book is for anyone who is interested in photography, image processing, or free image editing software, with no exceptions.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Digital images
- Geometric transforms
- Color transforms
- Photo retouching
- Distortion correction
- Panorama photo stitching
- Movie editing
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published