- Full Description
Learn the theory behind cross-platform development, and put the theory into practice with code using the invaluable information presented in this book. With in-depth coverage of development and distribution techniques for iPhone, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, and Android, youll learn the native approach to working with each of these platforms. With detailed coverage of emerging frameworks like PhoneGap and Rhomobile, youll learn the art of creating applications that will run across all devices. Youll also be introduced to the code-signing process and the distribution of applications through the major application stores, including Research In Motion (BlackBerry), Apple, and Microsoft.
What youll learn
- How to develop native applications on the leading mobile platforms including iPhone, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, and Android
- How to extend native applications to run across all mobile platforms using cross-platform mobile toolkits such as Rhomobile and PhoneGap.
- Best practices with full end-to-end samples in native code for each mobile platform
- How to distribute applications through each of the major mobile application stores (BlackBerry, Apple, and Microsoft)
Who this book is for
Developers who are interested in creating cross-platform mobile applications will find invaluable information in this book. The text is geared toward developers who have developed in any of the primary mobile languages, including Java, Objective-C, and .NET, and want to understand the techniques for developing applications that will run across multiple platforms.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- The Smartphone is the New PC
- Windows Mobile
- Titanium Mobile
- Mobile HTML and CSS
- Animated UI with jQTouch
- Sencha Touch
- BlackBerry HTML UI
- Cascading Style Sheets
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published