- Full Description
Drupal 7 opens the door for you as a Windows developer to build Drupal sitesincluding custom modulesall without leaving Visual Studio! Pro Drupal 7 for Windows Developers gives you everything you need to know to achieve this, whilst drilling down into the advanced topics that you'll want to master whilst working with Drupal 7 as a Windows developer.
Pro Drupal 7 for Windows Developers starts with the Drupal page model, which Windows programmers can contrast against the ASP.NET page model. You will then explore the various features of Drupal, including the hook model, theming, roles, and caching. You'll also discover the data abstraction layer which lays the foundation for integration with your enterprise-level databases and external systems. Pro Drupal 7 for Windows Developers focuses on the important topics for the programmer coming to Drupal:
- An up-to-speed introduction to Drupal for developers so that they can get past the initial learning curve most efficiently.
- Key introductions to the important features of Drupal, including the page model, the hook architecture, the theming layer, and custom module development.
- How to work with the Drupal 7 features you want to work with within the Windows development environment.
- Step-by-step tutorials on building, testing, and deploying custom modules for internal use or for sharing with the Drupal community.
What youll learn
- How to install Drupal in your Windows development environment
- The Drupal page lifecycle and how it differs from ASP.NETÂ
- How to invoke Visual Studio's step debugger with breakpoints
- The Drupal unit testing and web testing frameworks
- How to use Drupal with IIS and SQL Server
- How to program custom modules and customize existing modules
- The Drupal theming environment
Who this book is for
.NET and ASP developers interested in integrating Drupal 7 into their current environment, and Drupal 7 developers who need to navigate the potentialÂ pitfalls of working with Windows back ends.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Wherefore Drupal?
- The Page Lifecycle
- PHP and MySQL
- Drupal Installation and Configuration
- Module Development
- Content Types and Permissions
- The Database Layer
- Windows Development Environment
- From Start to Omega: Using the Omega Starter Kit
- Selected Reference Material
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published