- Full Description
With Pro iOS Web Design and Development, youll design websites and develop web applications for iPhone and iPad using web standards deployed with Apple's Safari browser.
In addition, youll learn how to address the specific features made available through Apple's iOS, especially with regard to designing Web-based touch-screen interfaces.
Pro iOS Web Design and Development will help you deliver rich mobile user experiences without compromise by optimizing your sites for WebKit and Safari, the de facto standard for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
What youll learn
- Design an optimal website for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Use web standards to develop professional sites on Apples key platforms and see why this is important for Web developers and designers.
- Take advantage of Apples multi-touch screen technology in your Web apps, maximizing user experience and accessibility.
- Carry out usability testing for mobile websites and Web apps.
- Define an agile project flow optimized for mobile development.
- Use a cognitive approach to UI design using the laws of perception, color psychology theory, and the concepts behind positive and negative space.
Who this book is for
Web designers who are interested in mobile Web design and/or mobile Web development; desktop developers who are interested in mobile Web application development; or any Web professional who wants to learn how to design and develop for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Think Touch Mobile
- Design Touch Mobile
- Develop Touch Mobile
- User Interface Design for Mobile Touch Devices
- iPhone UI Design: Think Simple
- iPad UI Design: Think Inverted
- Web Standards for WebKitMaximizing MobileSafari
- Creating WebAppsMobile Application Development
- Working in Apple's Native Mobile Environments
- Optimizing WebApps
- Testing iPhone and iPad WebApps
- Maximizing the Market for WebApps
- Looking Beyond the Mobile Web to Ubiquitous Computing
- Source Code/Downloads
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published