- Full Description
Pro Agile .NET Development with SCRUM guides you through a real-world ASP.NET project and shows how agile methodology is put into practice.
There is plenty of literature on the theory behind agile methodologies, but no book on the market takes the concepts of agile practices and applies these in a practical manner to an end-to-end ASP.NET project, especially the estimating, requirements and management aspects of a project. Pro Agile .NET Development with SCRUM takes you through the initial stages of a project—gathering requirements and setting up an environment—through to the development and deployment stages using an agile iterative approach: namely, Scrum.
In the book, you'll focus on delivering an enterprise-level ASP.NET project. Each chapter is in iterations or sprints, putting into practice the features of agile—user stories, test-driven development (TDD), behavior-driven development (BDD), continuous integration, user acceptance testing, extreme programming, Scrum, design patterns and principles, inside-out development, lean developent, KanBan boards, and more. An appendix features code katas designed for the reader to get up-to-speed with some of the features of extreme programming, while also showcasing popular open-source frameworks to assist in automated testing and mocking. In addition, popular open-source architectural foundation projects such as S#arp and NCommons are demonstrated to allow you to base future projects on these frameworks, which already have many best-practice design patterns and principles built in.
What youll learn
- Gain practical knowledge on employing the Scrum project methodology using a real-world ASP.NET project
- See how extreme programming features in real world .NET projects
- Experience best practice-infused open-source frameworks that can be used to form the foundations of agile projects such as S#arp and NCommons
- Learn best-practice tools for user interface and user acceptance testing, such as Selenium and Fitnesse
- Discover details on how to capture requirements and drive development using user stories
- Learn how to estimate and plan agile projects and work with business stakeholders through a practical example
- Uncover tips for developing using the outside-in, TDD and BDD methodologies
- Gain information on tracking the progress of a project through burn down charts, iterations and retrospectives
Who this book is for
Experienced .NET developers who are looking to see how the Scrum agile project methodology and extreme programming features are employed in a real-world .NET application.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- The Art of Agile Development
- Managing Agile Projects with SCRUM
- Extreme Programming
- Sprint 0: Generating the Product Backlog
- Sprint 1: Starting a Game
- Sprint 2: Playing a Basic Game
- Sprint 3: Changing the Game
- Sprint 4: The Release Code Review
- What's Ahead for You and Scrum?
Appendix A: TDD Primer with NUnit
Appendix B: BDD Primer with SpecFlow
Appendix C: Mocking with Moq
Appendix D: Managing a Product Backlog with Pivotal Tracker
Appendix E: Web Testing with WaitiN
Appendix F: Source Control with SVN
Appendix G: Continuous Integration wih Cruise Control .NET
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.On page 55:Nuget.config should be (removed one ../):
(This change is needed for downloaded Nuget packages to get stored in the lib folder in the project folder structure.)
On page 91:
There is no Browser class in the CassiniDev namespace.
Also, the latest version of Cassini that you say you're using is "using Cassini" it should be "using CassiniDev"
On page 103:
I followed everything to the T in the setup leading to running the first SpecFlow scenario on page 103. I'm getting the error in my NUnit test runner of:
Given I have navigated to the game play screen to play a hand
-> error: The CurrentThread needs to have it's ApartmentState set to ApartmentState.STA to be able to automate Internet Explorer.
When I click on the bet button
-> skipped because of previous errors
Then I should see the deal button
-> skipped because of previous errors
I set the app.config of the Acc.Tests according to page 102. Still getting this error even though these are set in the app.config.