- Full Description
"Follow trends and make money, or don't follow trends and don't make money. Robert Robbins wants investors to follow trends. His effort is to be saluted." Michael W. Covel, bestselling author of Trend Following, The Complete Turtle Trader, and Trend Commandments
"A must-read for both the experienced and newcomers. The student has bypassed his mentor." Ralph Bloch, consultant at Bulls, Bears, & Bloch
"Rob presents both the new and experienced trader with insights needed for successful trading. As a long-time trend follower, I share many of Rob's thoughts in Tactical Trend Trading. If you are truly interested in learning an investment strategy without the hype from a real trader, then this is the one definitive source." Andrew Abraham, author of Learn How to Trend Follow
Conventional wisdom has long insisted that the bestif not the onlystock market strategy worth employing is the traditional buy-and-hold model. But buy-and-hold investing is no match for todays turbulent markets, where real change happens every day and companies and entire industries are stamped out in the blink of an eye. Fortunately, there is a better way, one that enables market participants to preserve their capital while increasing their net gains in even the most volatile of markets. That way is trend trading, and with Tactical Trend Trading as your guide, you will be better prepared than ever before to tackleand profit fromevery curveball that todays topsy-turvy markets throw your way.
Written by hedge fund manager and trend trader Robert Robbins, Tactical Trend Trading starts out from the basic premise that if market participants learn to embrace change, they will be better able to harness its ability to unlock profits in every corner of the markets. To that end, Robbins equips you not only with the technical trading tools you need to analyze the market backdrop and identify and trade with market-prevailing trends, but also psychological guidelines that will enable you to blast through the emotional obstacles that stand in the way of profit generation and risk control. Rich in detail yet easy to digest and implement, Tactical Trend Trading covers:
- The basics of trend trading, including what it is, its primary benefits and drawbacks, what type of commitment it entails, and how you can use it every day to profit from market volatility;
- How to leverage technical analysis and sentiment indicators to pinpoint profit-generating stocks, sectors, and trends, predict market corrections, and execute perfectly timed trades;
- Mental strategies for surmounting the ingrained psychological and emotional habits that prevent traders from realizing true financial success;
- Techniques for developing a systematic approach to the markets that will enable you to survive and thrive in up, down, and sideways markets;
- And much more.
Along the path to becoming a successful trend trader, your technical acumen and mental fortitude will be tested every step of the way. Prepare yourself for the brave new world of todays ever-changing financial markets with Tactical Trend Trading, which provides you with all the moneymaking insights you need to capture trends, trade with the flow, and pull in profits, regardless of whether market conditions are good or bad.
What youll learn
- Why todays turbulent markets have rendered buy-and-hold investing obsolete and how trend trading can help you thrive in even the most volatile of market conditions
- Techniques for identifying and trading in concert with the primary trend of a market
- How to select the most profitable bullish and bearish stocks and set your entry and exit prices
- Specific tactics for profiting from a wide variety of chart patterns, from rectangles and rounding bottoms to flags, wedges, head-and-shoulders formations, and more
- Why risk control and discipline are the two most important tools in any trend trader's arsenal
- Psychological guidelines that separating winning traders from the rest of the pack and tips for staying in the trend trading game
Who this book is for
Tactical Trend Trading is a guide to the fast-paced world of trend trading for those with some experience actively trading or investing in the financial markets but who lack the specific technical knowledge or psychological framework that is crucial to trend trading success. Specifically, this book will appeal to investors who are tired of seeing their portfolios decimated by every major move the market makes and want to understandand profit fromthe rapid rate of change and turmoil underlying their assets.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Tactical Trend Trading
- The Market Backdrop
- Setups and Chart Patterns
- Technical Tactics
- Market Considerations
- Systematic Trend Following
- Discipline and Risk Control
- Summing It All Up
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published