- Full Description
Anybody can start building simple apps for the Android platform, and this book will show you how! Recently updated to include Android Jelly Bean, Android Apps for Absolute Beginners, Second Edition takes you through the process of getting your first Android apps up and running using plain English and practical examples.
This book cuts through the fog of jargon and mystery that surrounds Android apps development, and gives you simple, step-by-step instructions to get you started.
- Teaches Android application development in language anyone can understand, giving you the best possible start in Android development
- Provides simple, step-by-step examples that make learning easy, allowing you to pick up the concepts without fuss
- Offers clear code descriptions and layout so that you can get your apps running as soon as possible
This book is Android Jelly Bean compliant, but is backwards compatible to most of the previous Android releases.
What youll learn
- Get yourself and your computer set up for Android apps development
- Use the Eclipse programming environment to make your Android development efficient and straightforward
- Follow steps in plain English to build simple apps and get them working immediately
- Style your application so that it appeals to potential users
- Make use of the Androids touch screen
- Use shortcuts and cheat sheets to create apps the easy way
- Use the basics of Java and XML to move onto more advanced apps
Who this book is for
If you have a great idea for an Android app, but have never programmed before, then this book is for you. You dont need to have any previous computer programming skillsas long as you have a desire to learn, and you know which end of the mouse is which, the world of Android apps development awaits!
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Preliminary Information: Before We Get Started
- Whats Next? Our Road Ahead
- Setting Up Your Android Development Environment
- Introducing the Android Software Development Platform
- Android Framework Overview
- Screen Layout Design: Views and Layouts
- UI Design: Buttons, Menus, and Dialogs
- An Introduction to Graphics Resources in Android
- Adding Interactivity: Handling UI Events
- Understanding Content Providers
- Understanding Intents and Intent Filters
- Advanced Android Topics
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published