- Full Description
You will find jQuery 2 Recipes' problem-solution approach to be an excellent value and a feature-packed resource as you begin to include jQuery in your own projects. This book is bursting with fully-worked example recipes showing the core jQuery frameworks (jQuery, jQuery Mobile, jQuery UI) in action. Starting with fundamental principals and progressing to more advanced topics you'll be shown how to make the very best use of jQuery every step of the way.
Early on, you'll learn to work confidently with dynamic data and to handle the jQuery events that form the foundation of your application. We'll then build on this foundation to demonstrate how fully working user-interface animations and AJAX data-validation can be constructed within jQuery. We'll show how add-on libraries like jQwidgets can be deployed to create professional quality apps for both the desktop and web with minimal coding. Finally, a full set of debugging and error-handling recipes is included to help you track down bugs and ensure your code is as robust as it can be.
What youll learn
- This book contains a comprehensive collection of recipes that will help you solve a wide range of jQuery 2.0 problems.
- Follow working examples of the main features of all three core jQuery frameworks (jQuery, jQuery UI and jQuery Mobile) in action.
- See how to integrate jqWidgets into your application effectively.
- Use the MVC pattern to build easily manageable and scalable web applications for a wide range of target platforms from desktop browsers to phone and tablets.
- Follow tried-and-tested debugging recipes to streamline your applications.
Who this book is for
This book is written for developers with a basic working knowledge of jQuery, HTML and CSS, who want to broaden their learning. You should be comfortable creating basic programs and understand the role that jQuery plays within an application before you begin reading.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents1 Introduction
2 jQuery Fundamentals
3 jQuery Selectors
4 jQuery Selectors Filtering and Expansion
5 DOM Traversing
6 DOM Manipulation
7 jQuery Events
8 jQuery Animations and Effects
9 AJAX and jQuery
10 jQuery UI
11 jQuery Mobile
13 Logging, Error Handling and Debugging
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published