- Full Description
The Objective-C Quick Syntax Reference is a condensed code and syntax reference to the popular Objective-C programming language, which is the core language behind the APIs found in the Apple iOS and Mac OS SDKs. It presents the essential Objective-C syntax in a well-organized format that can be used as a handy reference.
You wont find any technical jargon, bloated samples, drawn out history lessons, or witty stories in this book. What you will find is a language reference that is concise, to the point and highly accessible. The book is packed with useful information and is a must-have for any Objective-C programmer.
In the Objective-C Quick Syntax Reference, you will find:
- A concise reference to the Objective-C language syntax.
- Short, simple, and focused code examples.
- A well laid out table of contents and a comprehensive index allowing easy review.
What youll learn
- How to create an Objective-C HelloWorld
- How to compile and run
- What are the Objective-C code class definitions
- How to use objects in Objective-C
- How to effectively use categories to extend the various classes
- What is key-value observation
- How to archive an object graph
- How to implement the delegation design pattern with protocols
- How to master code blocks and much more
Who this book is for
This book is a quick, handy pocket syntax reference for experienced Objective-C, Mac, and iOS programmers, and a concise, easily-digested introduction for other programmers new to Objective-C.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents1. Hello World
2. Build and Run
10. For Loops
11. While Loops
12. Do While Loops
13. For-Each Loops
15. Switch Statements
16. Defining Classes
17. Class Methods
21. Key-Value Coding
22. Key-Value Observing
24. Implementing Delegation
25. Implementing Singleton
26. Error Handling
- Source Code/Downloads
Please Login to submit errata.No errata are currently published