- Full Description
High Impact Data Visualization with Power View, Power Map, and Power BI helps you take business intelligence delivery to a new level that is interactive, engaging, even fun, all while driving commercial success through sound decision-making. Learn to harness the power of Microsoft’s flagship, self-service business intelligence suite to deliver compelling and interactive insight with remarkable ease. Learn the essential techniques needed to enhance the look and feel of reports and dashboards so that you can seize your audience’s attention and provide them with clear and accurate information. Also learn to integrate data from a variety of sources and create coherent data models displaying clear metrics and attributes.
Power View is Microsoft's ground-breaking tool for ad-hoc data visualization and analysis. It's designed to produce elegant and visually arresting output. It's also built to enhance user experience through polished interactivity. Power Map is a similarly powerful mechanism for analyzing data across geographic and political units. Power Query lets you load, shape and streamline data from multiple sources. PowerPivot can extend and develop data into a dynamic model. Power BI allows you to share your findings with colleagues, and present your insights to clients.
High Impact Data Visualization with Power View, Power Map, and Power BI helps you master this suite of powerful tools from Microsoft. You'll learn to identify data sources, and to save time by preparing your underlying data correctly. You'll also learn to deliver your powerful visualizations and analyses through the cloud to PCs, tablets and smartphones.
- Simple techniques take raw data and convert it into information.
- Slicing and dicing metrics delivers interactive insight.
- Visually arresting output grabs and focuses attention on key indicators.
What youll learn
- Produce designer output that will astound your bosses and peers.
- Drive business intelligence from Excel using BI in the Cloud.
- Gather source data from corporate and public sources.
- Integrate charts, maps, and tables to deliver visually stunning information.
- Discover new insights as you chop and tweak your data as never before.
- Adapt delivery to mobile devices.
- Outshine competing products and enhance existing skills.
Who this book is for
High Impact Data Visualization with Power View, Power Map, and Power BI is written for any Excel or SharePoint user. Business Intelligence developers, power users, IT managers, finance experts, and more can use this book to outshine the competition by producing high-impact business intelligence reporting on a variety of devices from a variety of sources.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Self-Service Business Intelligence
- Power View and Tables
- Filtering Data in Power View
- Charts in Power View
- Advanced Charting with Power View
- Interactive Data Selection
- Images and Presentations
- Mapping Data in Power View
- Power Pivot Basics
- Extending the Excel Data Model Using PowerPivot
- Power Pivot for Self-Service BI
- Discovering and Loading Data with Power Query
- Transforming Data with Power Query
- Power Map
- Self-Service Business Intelligence with Power BI
- Appendix A: Sample Data
- Source Code/Downloads
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know by emailing to email@example.com . You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed. No errata are currently published