- Full Description
Using Windows 8.1 is the essential step by step guide to using a computer running Windows 8, providing a complete resource for both the beginner and the enthusiast.
Techniques are illustrated in step-by-step using photography and screen prints throughout, together with concise, easy to follow text from an established expert in the field, provide a comprehensive guide to Windows.
Whether you have just bought your first computer, laptop or are a keen computer user who has just upgraded to Windows 8, this book will provide you with a firm grasp of the underpinning foundations and equip you with the skills needed to use a computer like a pro.
What youll learn
- Setting up your computer,
- Navigating around the windows 8 interface
- AÂ tour of Windows 8's features, menus and utilities
- Transferring your files from your old machine
- Keeping your machine safe from viruses
- Backing up your important data so it doesnt get lost
- Antivirus and internet safety
- Watching videos, listening to music
- Keeping appointments with calendar
- New features in Windows 8.1
- Daily common tasks you can do with Windows 8
- Organizing your favourite music into playlists, onto your iPod or burning a CD to play in the car.
- Storing, organizing and manipulating your precious photos into albums or slideshows to show to friends or make precious memories.
- And more...
Who this book is for
This book is for those users new to Windows 8.1, coming from Windows 8, Windows 7 or evenÂ new to Windows altogether.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents1. Setting up Windows 8.1
2. Transferring Old Files
3. Getting to Know Windows
4. Setting up Users
5. Setting up Printers
6. Setting up Internet
7. Common Tasks
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published