- Full Description
Pervasive healthcare is the conceptual system of providing healthcare to anyone, at anytime, and anywhere by removing restraints of time and location while increasing both the coverage and the quality of healthcare. Pervasive Healthcare Computing is at the forefront of this research, and presents the ways in which mobile and wireless technologies can be used to implement the vision of pervasive healthcare. This vision includes prevention, healthcare maintenance and checkups; short-term monitoring (home healthcare), long-term monitoring (nursing home), and personalized healthcare monitoring; and incidence detection and management, emergency intervention, transportation and treatment. The pervasive healthcare applications include intelligent emergency management system, pervasive healthcare data access, and ubiquitous mobile telemedicine. Pervasive Healthcare Computing includes the treatment of several new wireless technologies and the ways in which they will implement the vision of pervasive healthcare.
- Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Healthcare Systems: Challenges and Solutions.
- Health and IT in Healthcare.
- Pervasive Computing and Healthcare.
- Wireless and Mobile Technologies.
- Wireless Health Monitoring: Requirements and Examples.
- Wireless Health Monitoring: State of the Art and Implementations.
- Medical Decision Making.
- Health Monitoring using Infrastructure
- oriented Wireless Networks.
- Ad Hoc Networks for Health Monitoring.
- Using Incentives in Wireless Health Monitoring.
- awareness in Healthcare.
- Monitoring of Mental Health, Medication and Disability.
If you think that you've found an error in this book, please let us know about it. You will find any confirmed erratum below, so you can check if your concern has already been addressed.No errata are currently published